Another regular complaint that people of India daily faces.
Public Transport Bus not stopping at right stops
Its Bus D70, which is supposed to stop at Kasi theatre Stop, Ashok Pillar, Chennai. Even Ticket was issued with Kasi Theatre printed on it. But the driver crossed the bus stop without stopping there. When our volunteer enquired, the conductor said it wont stop there without any reason. After a mini argument, the Conductor went on further and said “Complaint on me, if you want.”
- Refresher Training, Re-Training, Yoga and Counselling classes conducted to improve Conductor – Passenger relationship, to reduce stress levels of Drivers and Conductors.
- MTC operates 3365 buses in and around in Chennai.
- 100 Peak hour general shifts introduced from 26.12.2012 to handle over crowding.
Also the Driver and Conductors are strictly warned and told to stop at all bus stops after 2 months of Complaint.
- No cases booked by Traffic Police for overcrowding, such as in above Picture. But the uneducated Police only focus on beating the students in foot board and pushing them inside the already overcrowded buses, which is a violation of basic Human Rights.
- No cases booked by Traffic Police for Vehicular Pollution.
- 3267 Notices issues by Traffic Police for Signal Violations and a fine of Rs. 1,62,350 is paid.
- 564 cases registered by Traffic Police for Accident cases.
Status: Action Taken (CLOSED)